Do I need to do anything special the day or night before my procedure?
Someone from the office will call you to discuss pre-procedural/operative instructions. They usually include the following:
- Clears (i.e. black coffee, apple juice) can be consumed up to 2 hours prior to your procedure and a light meal can be consumed 6 hours prior, if having your procedure in the office. Please follow the instructions of the surgery center that was given to you when you scheduled the procedure.
- Take your usual medications the morning of your procedure with a small sip of water with the exception of insulin or diabetic medications if you are a diabetic.
- Stop taking all blood thinners (i.e. Coumadin, Plavix, aspirin) as directed by your prescribing physician.
- Notify Dr. Brown’s if there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold, fever or flu symptom.
- If there is a chance you are pregnant, please notify Dr. Brown immediately.